Theatre and Dance Student Organizations
- Group meetings and auditions are publicized on campus.
- Student representatives to Department of Theatre and Dance faculty committees are elected annually from student organizations. Cothurnus represents Theatre majors and minors whereas Orchesis represents Dance minors.
Theatre Student Organizations
- Revived in 2000 after an almost fifteen year hiatus, the Zeta Nu chapter of Alpha Psi Omega is active again.
- At least two semesters of service in theatre, musical theatre, or dance
- A minimum GPA of 3.2
- A declared major or minor in theatre, musical theatre, or dance
- Submit applications to pledge in the fall or spring semester.
- All those fulfilling the chapter's requirements for membership will be invited to pledge.
- An initiation ceremony is held at the end of the semester.
- Cothurnus is a co-curricular student theatre organization that presents opportunities for students to experience all aspects of a theatrical production and apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom.
- Cothurnus funds two faculty supervised shows per year and two to four student directed and designed productions called Vegetable S.O.U.P. (Student Organized Undergraduate Production) per year.
- These venues are funded by Mandatory Student Fees.
- Alternative Cooperative Theatre (A.C.T. I's) are weekly workshop opportunities open to any student.
- Meetings of Cothurnus are Fridays at 3:30 in the Brodie Student Commons. Anyone interested in theatre arts is encouraged to attend.
- Veg S.O.U.P. meetings are arranged separately.
- ACT I performances immediately follow Cothurnus.
- Cothurnus Web Site
Dance Student Organizations
- Orchesis is Geneseo's student dance organization.
- Orchesis promotes all styles of dance both on the Geneseo campus and in the surrounding community.
- Orchesis presents its members with an opportunity to choreograph dances and to perform in student works.
- There are at least two performances each academic year; one in the fall semester and one in the spring semester -- Beyond the Studio Mirror.
- Orchesis meets every Thursday at 6:00 pm in the Brodie Dance Studio, Room 152. Information/Planning meetings alternate with student directed dance classes. Everyone is welcome!