August 29—Drop/Add period ends
August 29—Last day to withdraw from individual courses with full tuition refund
September 1—Labor Day (No Classes)
September 12—Last day to elect Pass/Fail
September 19-20—Family Weekend
October 13-14—Fall Break (No Classes)
October 17-18—Homecoming Weekend
October 27—Course registration begins
November 26-30—Thanksgiving Break (Residence Halls close at 10:00 a.m. on 11/26 and reopen at 10:00 a.m. on 11/30)
December 8—Last Day of Classes
December 9—Study Day (No Classes)
December 10-16—Final Exams
December 17—Residence Halls close for the semester (10:00 am)
- About the Program:
- YouBelong is a series designed specifically for transfer students and focuses on social and academic transitions students may encounter during their first semester at Geneseo. The program series runs during the fall and spring semesters.
The YouBelong program series:
- Addresses the needs of transfer students by providing programs that address academic, social, and transitional issues.
- Provides information regarding locations of campus facilities, use of college offices and services, and other essential information through regular communication with transfer students
- Presents opportunities for transfer students to socialize and interact with other Geneseo students and develop academic and co-curricular interests through informational sessions and workshops.
- Provides individual guidance and support to all transfer students during the transition process.
Click here to view a copy of the YouBelong poster.
Fall 2014 Program Highlights:
YouBelong New Student Dinner
Sunday, August 24, 2014 | 1:00pm | South Village Volleyball Court (rain location: Nassau Hall Main Lobby)
A signature kickoff event for the YouBelong program series designed just for you! Come enjoy a picnic, learn about the YouBelong series, and make connections with other transfer students. To sign up, click here.
Wednesday, September 3 | 2:00-4:00pm | Erwin Hall 219
Join new and current students to hang out and learn the ins and outs of attending Geneseo. This will be a fun and informal way to meet other people, check out a new student hangout space, and get some new YouBelong/Geneseo prizes.
Wednesday, September 3 | 10:00am-3:00pm | MacVittie College Union Ballroom
Looking for volunteer opportunities? Stop by the Volunteer Fair where representatives from college and community organizations will be present to recruit volunteers and talk about their programs and services.
Student Organization Expo.
Wednesday, September 10 | 2:00-4:00pm | MacVittie College Union Ballroom
Here is your chance to get involved! Come and meet with student leaders of clubs and organizations that you can join. Get involved...make it count!
Navigating Milne Library for Transfer Students
Thursday, September 11 | 7:00-8:00pm | Milne 104
When transfer students come to SUNY Geneseo, they typically bypass INTD 105--the course that formally introduces new Geneseo students to the Milne Library and its many resources. As a result, these students sometimes run into difficulties when faced with their first assignment(s) involving library research. This workshop is designed to get our many transfer students up-to-speed with their peers by introducing them to the library's many resources and teaching them a few key research methods. Taught by Daniel Ross (Milne Library).
Pre-Advisement Registration Program
Wednesday, October 22 | 5:00-6:00pm | Erwin Hall 219What classes will I take in the spring? How do I schedule an appointment with my advisor? Attend this informal Q&A session with a representative from the Dean of the College who will walk you through the steps to prepare for advisement and course registration. Current students will be in attendance to share their tips and tricks for course registration.