January 17—Residence Halls open for new students (10:00 am)
January 22—First day of classes
January 28—Drop/Add period ends
January 28—Last day to withdraw from individual courses with full tuition refund
February 8—Last day to elect Pass/Fail
March 25—Course registration begins
March 18-22—Spring Break
April 5-7—Siblings Weekend
April 16—Annual G.R.E.A.T. Day—No classes
May 7—Last Day of Classes
May 8—Study Day
May 9-15—Final Exams
May 16—Residence Halls close for the semester (10:00 am)
- About the Program:
- YouBelong is a series designed specifically for transfer students and focuses on social and academic transitions students may encounter during their first semester at Geneseo. The program series runs during the fall and spring semesters.
The YouBelong program series:
- Addresses the needs of transfer students by providing programs that address academic, social, and transitional issues.
- Provides information regarding locations of campus facilities, use of college offices and services, and other essential information through regular communication with transfer students
- Presents opportunities for transfer students to socialize and interact with other Geneseo students and develop academic and co-curricular interests through informational sessions and workshops.
- Provides individual guidance and support to all transfer students during the transition process.
Click here to view a copy of the YouBelong poster.
Spring 2013 Program Highlights:
YouBelong New Student Dinner
Wednesday, January 23 | 5:30-7:30pm | MacVittie College Union Ballroom
(Rain Location: Suffolk Hall Main Lounge)
A signature kickoff event for the YouBelong program series. Come and meet other new transfer students. Pre-Registration is required, so sign up today by clicking here.
Credit Transfer Tip Off
Tuesday, January 29 | 7:00pm | Monroe Hall Main LoungeJoin a representative from the Dean of the College office to learn the ins and outs of your academic career at Geneseo. Get the scoop on your credits and how to be a successful student as you transition to Geneseo.
Volunteer & Study Abroad Fair
Wednesday, January 30 | 10:00am-3:00pm | MacVittie College Union BallroomLooking for volunteer opportunities? Interested in studying abroad? Come learn about all of the international opportunities you can take advantage of through SUNY Geneseo and SUNY schools. Additionally, representatives from college and community organizations will be present to recruit volunteers and talk about their programs and services.
Mapping Your Semester
Monday, February 4 | 7:00pm | Monroe Hall Main LoungeReading...Papers...Projects...come make sense of your syllabi, plan out your semester, and stay on track. This session will provide you with some tips about managing your time and academic course load.
Student Organization Expo.
Wednesday, February 6 | 2:00-4:00pm | MacVittie College Union BallroomHere is your chance to get involved! Come and meet with student leaders of clubs and organizations that you can join. Get involved...make it count!
Geneseo Trivia Night
Wednesday, February 13 | 7:00pm | Monroe Hall Main Lounge
How much do you know about Geneseo? Come play trivia to learn more about Geneseo or showcase all that you already know to win some prizes!
Meet-Up at Muddy's
Tuesday, February 19 | 7:00pm | Muddy Waters Coffee HouseCome grab a cup of coffee and enjoy some casual conversation in a relaxing atmosphere at Muddy Waters on Main Street. The first 25 new students to arrive will receive a free beverage!
Pre-Advisement Registration Program
Wednesday, March 27 | 7:00pm | Monroe Hall Main LoungeWhat classes will I take in the fall? How do I schedule an appointment with my advisor? Attend this informal Q&A session with a representative from the Dean of the College who will walk you through the steps to prepare for advisement and course registration. Current students will be in attendance to share their tips and tricks for course registration.