August 30—Drop/Add period ends
August 30—Last day to withdraw from individual courses with full tuition refund
September 2—Labor Day (No Classes)
September 13—Last day to elect Pass/Fail
September 27-28—Homecoming Weekend
October 14-15—Fall Break (No Classes)
October 25-26—Family Weekend
October 28—Course registration begins
November 27-December 1—Thanksgiving Break (Residence Halls close at 10:00 a.m. on 11/27 and reopen at 10:00 a.m. on 12/1)
December 9—Last Day of Classes
December 10—Study Day (No Classes)
December 11-17—Final Exams
December 18—Residence Halls close for the semester (10:00 am)
- About the Program:
- YouBelong is a series designed specifically for transfer students and focuses on social and academic transitions students may encounter during their first semester at Geneseo. The program series runs during the fall and spring semesters.
The YouBelong program series:
- Addresses the needs of transfer students by providing programs that address academic, social, and transitional issues.
- Provides information regarding locations of campus facilities, use of college offices and services, and other essential information through regular communication with transfer students
- Presents opportunities for transfer students to socialize and interact with other Geneseo students and develop academic and co-curricular interests through informational sessions and workshops.
- Provides individual guidance and support to all transfer students during the transition process.
Click here to view a copy of the YouBelong poster.
Fall 2013 Program Highlights:
YouBelong Transfer Student Picnic
Sunday, August 25 | 1:00-3:00pm | South Village Volleyball Court
(Rain Location: Nassau Hall Main Lounge)
A signature kickoff event for the YouBelong program series designed just for you! Come enjoy dinner, learn about the YouBelong series, and make connections with other transfer students. To sign up, click here.
Transfer Dinner at Red Jacket (RJ)
Tuesday, August 27 | 6:30pm | Red Jacket Dining Hall
Join fellow transfer students (new and old) to discuss the transition to Geneseo and enjoy dinner together! Meet outside of RJ at 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, September 4 | 10:00am-3:00pm | MacVittie College Union Ballroom
Looking for volunteer opportunities? Stop by the Volunteer Fair where representatives from college and community organizations will be present to recruit volunteers and talk about their programs and services.
Credit Transfer Tip Off
Wednesday, September 4 | 7:00pm | Nassau Hall Main LoungeJoin a representative from the Dean of the College office to learn the ins and outs of your academic career at Geneseo. Get the scoop on your credits and how to be a successful student as you transition to Geneseo.
Student Organization Expo.
Wednesday, September 11 | 2:00-4:00pm | MacVittie College Union BallroomHere is your chance to get involved! Come and meet with student leaders of clubs and organizations that you can join. Get involved...make it count!
Geneseo Trivia Night
Tuesday, September 17 | 7:00pm | LIvingston Hall Main Lounge
How much do you know about Geneseo? Come play trivia to learn more about Geneseo or showcase all that you already know to win some prizes!
Pre-Advisement Registration Program
Wednesday, October 23 | 7:00pm | Nassau Hall Main LoungeWhat classes will I take in the spring? How do I schedule an appointment with my advisor? Attend this informal Q&A session with a representative from the Dean of the College who will walk you through the steps to prepare for advisement and course registration. Current students will be in attendance to share their tips and tricks for course registration.