International applicants DO NOT need to complete any additional scholarship applications to be considered for the scholarships listed below.
To be considered for any of the scholarships on this page, one must complete the SUNY Geneseo International Student Application Form and provide all the academic documents and test scores listed on the International Application form.
1) International Student Scholarships
- These tuition scholarships range from $2,000 USD - $6,000 USD per year are awarded at the time of admission. Awards are based upon outstanding academic achievements as evidenced by: grades on transcripts (or mark sheets), results on national examinations, and in some cases, by SAT test results. These scholarships are renewable for up to four years.
- International applicants admitted to SUNY Geneseo are automatically considered for an International Student Scholarship.
- Freshman (first-year) and transfer students are eligible for the International Student Scholarships.
- EVERY student admitted for Fall 2014 received an International Student Scholarship of at least 2,000 unless they were a varsity athlete. **International Students who participate in inter-collegiate (varsity) athletics are not eligible to receive scholarship support in accordance with NCAA and Geneseo guidlines.
- These merit scholarships cover the annual cost of on-campus housing (valued at approximately $7,090 USD per year). These scholarships are renewable for up to four years for a total value of $28,360 USD provided the recipient maintains his or her residence on campus.
3) Ambassador Apartments World Citizen Scholarships for International Students
- Two $500 USD awards for the international students who best demonstrate awareness and understanding of what it means to be a world citizen. Endowed by Mr. Frank Csapo of the Ambassador Apartments. The Director of the International Student & Scholar Services office and the International Scholarship Committee choose the recipients.
4) VanArsdale Scholarships
- One $1,000 USD award is made each year to support an international student who demonstrates excellence in academics at Geneseo. Endowed by Mr. And Mrs. VanArsdale, the recipient is chosen by the Director of the International Student & Scholar Services office and the International Scholarship Committee.
5) Muriel A. Daniels International Endowed Scholarship
- This scholarship is supported by an endowment established by Robert and Marilyn Lyon in honor of Marilyn's mother, Muriel. It provides a $1500 USD scholarship to an outstanding SUNY Geneseo international student with preference given to a Canadian student with a solid academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA) who demonstrates leadership, respect, loyalty and integrity.