"...Geneseo continues to earn well-deserved recognition for its rigorous academic programs and for the caliber of faculty we have on campus," said SUNY Geneseo President Christopher C. Dahl.
"These rankings are a confirmation of the college's long tradition of excellence in undergraduate education, and they show why Geneseo has been consistently ranked as one of the top public colleges in the nation. The rankings simply underscore many of the reasons that Geneseo is such a good place to go to college."
Below is a summary of those rankings and evaluations:
RECENT NATIONAL RECOGNITION
- U.S News &World Report placed Geneseo second among the "Top Public Universities" in the North. Geneseo was also ranked #1 for its Undergraduate Business Program. U.S. News &World report ranked Geneseo 12th out of all public and private universities in the North and was listed as one of the "Best Regional Universities".
- Parade magazine, a Sunday supplement distributed by numerous newspapers across the country, placed Geneseo on its "A-List" of 20 small public universities in the nation. Inclusion was based on recommendations from top high-school counselors.
U.S. News & World Report's annual guide to "America's Best Colleges" 2012 Edition
With an online and print readership of more than 13 million, the magazine's assessment of American colleges and universities continues to be one of the most highly regarded.
Best Public Universities in North U.S.
Geneseo Ranks Number Two in this category.
Best Universities in the U.S. North region
Geneseo Ranks 8th out of all public and private universities in the North offering Bachelor's and Master's degrees.
Best Undergraduate Business and Teaching Programs
Geneseo is recognized for two of its prestigious undergraduate programs.
SUNY Geneseo ranks #1 for its commitment to undergraduate teaching.
The top "Up-and-Coming" which means Geneseo has made the most promising innovative changes in the areas of academics, faculty, student life, campus or facilities.
Geneseo's long-standing record of excellence has been noted by U.S. News & World Report for more than 20 years.
"The Princeton Review's Guide to the Best 373 Colleges" 2012 edition
The Princeton Review has included The State University of New York at Geneseo on its list of the country's best institutions for undergraduate education. It has also profiled Geneseo as a "Best Northeastern College" and one of fifty "Best Value" public universities and colleges.
Robert Franek, the publication's senior vice president for publishing, states:
"We commend SUNY Geneseo for its outstanding academics, which is the primary criteria for our selection of schools for the book"
In this guide one student says:
"Geneseo has a great atmosphere, challenging classes, a wonderful student population, and the best price!"
The Geneseo experience is summarized as:
"...an outstanding education at an affordable price, combined with the top-notch academics and a small town feel many students feel at home as soon as they step on campus"
"Fiske Guide to Colleges" 2012 Edition
Former New York Times Education Editor Edward B. Fiske publishes this annual guide naming "Best Buy" schools. Fiske looks at the quality of academic programs in relationship to the costs of attendance to identify the "Best Buys in the United States". Geneseo is among the 49 "Best Buy Schools".
Comments about Geneseo published in the Fiske Guide include:
• "the quality of teaching draws raves. Professors strive to provide students with as much knowledge as possible without exceeding their comprehension level."
• "attracts high achievers from around the nation"
• "Campus security is described as excellent by many."
• "a preferred option for students who want the feel of a private college at a public-university price"
• "Excellent pre-professional programs in education and business."
• Overall Geneseo is: "Small and idyllic, the neighboring village is considered by many students a perfect setting. Hiking and skiing are both nearby, and beautiful Conesus Lake is only a ten-minute drive away. As for the social life, there's always plenty to do both on and off campus."
Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine
"Best Values in Public Colleges"
Geneseo was ranked #2 as a "Best Value in Public Colleges" for out-of-state/international students and #7 for in-state students. Geneseo was also named one of the "Best Values in Public Colleges" in the nation. Kiplinger's Personal Finance also ranked Geneseo 2nd out of 550 public U.S. universities for international students.