Employee Assistance Program
NYS Balance~An Introduction
USER ID: nys
NYS Balance is a confidential resource and referral service designed to save employees time and help them better balance work and life. To help you understand the range of services and help the NYS Balance service can provide, view this tutorial:
NYS-Balance Online Orientation
State employees and their families can email or call a NYS Balance consultatnt for help with a wide variety of issues including budgeting, home repair, finding child care or a summer camp, health and wellness, elder care issues, retirement planning, college preparation, parenting strategies, and more.
In addition, the NYS Balance website provides an abundance of useful resources, articles, links and interactive tools. To make employees' lives less complicated, they will have access to support through NYS Balance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Program highlights include:
- Resource and referral for issues related to work, family, daily life, finances, health, and well-being
- No cost to employees or their families
- Consultants to provide customized referrals based on individual needs
- A comprehensive website: www.nysbalance.ny.gov
- Free educational materials and a quarterly newsletter
- Onsite educational seminars and monthly webinars
NYS Balance educational materials are provided free to eligible State employees. To order, complete the NYS Balance Order Form and and fax to 866.795.5740 or visit the website for an online fillable form: Educational Materials.