In the event of severe weather warnings or events, classes may be canceled and college activities postponed.
The College is never closed, and essential personnel will be available regardless of the weather situation.
University Police and the Office of College Communications will notify employees, students and the general public through:
- The weather hotline at 585-245-6666.
- Announcements on Geneseo.edu
- Local media outlets (radio, television, Internet)
- NY-Alert text messaging, depending on severity of weather and risks posed
- Campus e-mail communications.
For your own health and safety, follow procedures communicated by University Police during severe weather. Use discretion when venturing outside to protect yourself from possible harm.