Ms. Stacey Wiley
Mr. Rob DiCarlo
Associate Director for Internship Opportunities
Ms. Kathy Tonkovich
Asst Director for Programming and Development
Ms. Heather DiFino
Ms. Phyllis Wixom
We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm, in Erwin 116.
Individual appointments may be made in person or by calling (585) 245-5721.
Our fax number is (585) 245-5800.
The Department of Career Development, an office of the Division of Student and Campus Life, is committed to assisting students and alumni with formulating career plans, implementing post-graduation objectives, and developing lifelong career decision-making strategies.
The Department of Career Development will:
- provide individualized assistance with the identification of skills, values and interests of each student, and the relationship of those skills to various majors and/or careers
- provide assistance in the employment or graduate school search and application process
- actively reach out to the campus community to provide career services and serve as a resource to the greater college community about career-related and workforce issues
- utilize the expertise and experience of faculty, employers, community members and Geneseo alumni in departmental programming
- evaluate and adopt new technologies to enhance services
- promote staff development through relevant training, participation in conferences, and affiliation with appropriate professional organizations
The Department of Career Development values:
- the uniqueness of each student's individual career development needs
- the pursuit of best practices in career exploration services
- continuous learning opportunities for students and staff
- an environment that is welcoming, professional, and equitable to all
- innovation in services and programs
- the principles and practices of teamwork as we collaborate with others, both internally and externally