Department of Art History:
Within each subject, scholarships and awards
are listed in ascending order of class (freshmen through graduating
- School of the Arts
Merit Scholarships are awarded independent of financial need.
- They are granted to both prospective and
continuing students who demonstrate exceptional talent, artistic and
academic achievement, and potential for growth.
- Merit Scholarships may be renewed depending on the
specifications of each scholarship.
scholarships are credited toward tuition.
- Performing Arts Awards, separate from scholarships, are also
granted independent of financial need.
are paid directly to graduating students chosen on the basis of
exceptional talent and demonstrated achievement at Geneseo.
- All prospective students who, following an audition/interview
taken prior to March 1, are admitted to the Department of Art History and meet
the qualifications for any of the scholarships listed will automatically
- Prospective students
who are offered a scholarship will be notified shortly after April 1 and
must accept their awards and admission to the college no later than May
- Continuing students will be
notified of their awards shortly after May 1.
- Audition/interview requirements for scholarships, which may be
described below, are explained in detail in a brochure Interviews and
Auditions at Geneseo. For further information, or to schedule an
audition, write to:
School of the Arts
1 College Circle
(585) 245-5824 any business day during the hours 8:30 to 12 noon, or
Art Scholarships and Awards
- Hubert and
Gertrude Chanler Endowed Scholarships in the Arts
- Daniel A. Fink Scholarship
Glauner Memorial Scholarship
- Ronald W.
Pretzer Merit Scholarship in Photography
J. King Memorial Scholarship (offered every third year)
- Senior Art Scholarship