Mission, Values and Goals
Geneseo, nationally recognized as a center of excellence in
undergraduate education, is a public liberal arts college with selected
professional and master's level programs. It combines a rigorous
curriculum, transformational learning experiences, and a rich
co-curricular life to create a learning-centered environment. The entire
college community works together to develop socially responsible
citizens with skills and values important to the pursuit of an enriched
life and success in the world.
- Excellence, and upholds high standards for intellectual inquiry and scholarly achievement;
- Innovation, and affirms a spirit of exploration that fosters continued excellence;
- Community, and embraces the educational aspirations and interests that its members share;
- Diversity, and respects the unique contributions of each individual to the campus community;
- Integrity, and promotes the development of ethical citizens;
- Service to Society, and models the qualities it seeks to develop in its students;
- Tradition, and celebrates its long history of collaborative, learning-centered education.
Provide every student the highest quality education through a rigorous,
challenging, and active learning experience in close working
relationships with faculty and staff that encourages intellectual
engagement and personal growth.
- Recruit, support, and foster the development of a diverse community of outstanding students, faculty, and staff.
- Enrich the collegiate experience by strengthening the integration between curricular and co-curricular programs.
- Cultivate relationships between the College and wider community that support College programs and serve the community.
funding for institutional priorities and initiatives through public and
private support, grants, and entrepreneurial activities.
- Promote institutional effectiveness through ongoing assessment in every program.
- Provide a high quality physical environment and outstanding services, facilities, equipment, and technology.